Murphy Door Bed Frame
An Easy-to-Use Freestanding Murphy Bed Frame Offering Reliable Strength and Great Comfort
- Floor or Wall Mounted (see options)
- Lifetime Warranty on Steel Frame
- Automatic Legs
THE CLASSIC FOLD-DOWN WALLBED
The Murphy Bed mechanism is the most proven of all wallbed designs, having been in use for over 100 years.
This design will provide years of trouble-free use and operate for thousands of cycles. Our mechanism is constructed of high quality steel and is then Powder-Coated with a scratch proof, black ridge finish.
Our Murphy Bed assembly may be attached to the floor, however we have developed our new Wall Mount Bracket to enable the installer to mount directly to the baseboard and not have to cut into carpet, wood floor, or concrete!
We Pay for Shipping!
- Guaranteed Lowest Price in the Universe
- The a la carte Murphy Bed option (click here to compare our frames)
- All Bed Sizes Available: Single/Twin, Double/Full, Queen, and King
- In stock, are ready to ship within 2 days via UPS Ground
- Designed for everyday or occasional use
- Lifetime Warranty on the black powder-coated steel bed frame
- Platform Bed: Available hand-made mattress support to support your mattress, up to 11" thick (or, save by building your own, from plywood)
- Spring counter-balance system makes raising and lowering effortless
- Mounting Options: Can be mounted to either the floor with included concrete anchors, or lag screws into wood (not included), or the base of the wall with available wall mount brackets
- Small Footprint as little as 15 inches deep (mattress thickness + 7 inches)
- Self-actuated Legs
- Installation Options: Can be installed as a stand-alone frame, in a cabinet, or in a closet
- What does the "Door" in "Door Bed Frame" mean? It refers to the type of cabinet this frame is typically installed in: a cabinet with bifold doors
Murphy Door Bed Frame Dimensions
- Single/Twin: 39" W x 79"H x 14"D (Protrusion into room - 80 inches)
- Double/Full: 54"W x 79"H x 14"D (Protrusion into room - 80 inches)
- Queen: 60"W x 84"H x 14"D (Protrusion into room 86 inches)
- King: 78"W x 84"H x 14"D (Protrusion into room 86 inches)
- Note: The Depth and Protrusion Grow as the Mattress Thickness Increases (Mattress Plus 6-7")
- Purchase one of our hand-crafted mattress supports above, made from wood, corrugated material, and wrapped in a durable fabric (about 1" thick, in total)
- Or save and use plywood to make your own. For a Queen Frame we recommend using 5/8" thick plywood, for Full and Twin Murphy Bed Frames 1/2" thick plywood will be sufficient, allowing for a cut-out area from your plywood at the head of the frame, for weldment that is not level with rest of frame
Compared to the Next Bed Frame
The Door Bed Frame and the Next Bed are similar options, and we get many questions about the differences.
- The Door Bed Frame can be ordered without wall mount brackets, and without a mattress support, resulting the lowest-priced Murphy Bed Frame Kit
- The Next Bed always includes wall mount brackets, and wood slats as a mattress support
- The Door Bed Frame and Next Bed both use springs, and the lift mechanisms are nearly identical
- We use the Door Bed Frame in our Majestic Library Bed and Boaz Bed, partially because the Door Bed Frame requires 1" less depth, when in the vertical position
- The Door Bed Frame is made angle-iron, powder coated black
- The Next Bed is made from tubular steel, powder coated white
- murphy bed
- bed frame
I've been extremely happy with the bed frame I received from Murphy Bed Depot. In addition, they were very helpful and patient with me as I worked through the style I needed for my unique circumstances. I got the bed installed this past week and I could not be happier! The spring mechanisms are very easy to use and the frame appears to be very securely mounted on the wall. Thank you!
Feels like it will last 100 years. I mounted mine to the floor, then installed new carpet in the room.
Thank you so much for your feedback Michael. I do hope it will save space for you and yours for 100 years!
Good, a little hard to assemble for we’re older people with medical issues. If you can afford to have assembled , it will be less stressful and go faster.
Products received with no issues. Quality product. Good service. Call led with a question and a real person answered.
LET OUR CUSTOMERS SPEAK FOR US
We have been looking for an affordable and well designed murphy bed for about 10 years. We found all that and more in the Next Bed. We just installed it in a closet and are awaiting our first guests. Thank you for helping us make our guest room better.
This is the second Majestic Library Bed we have purchased from Murphy Bed Depot. The quality of the bed and service we received were excellent. The company went out of its way to be of help.
Loved it!! I was building a Murphy bed myself for our guest bedroom/office and the instructions were easy to understand. The hinges work with ease and the panel was easy to assemble and attach to the false cabinet doors. I would purchase this kit again if we ever decide to do a custom Murphy bed at a future home.