“Panel Bed” DIY Murphy Bed Frame Kit
Saves Loads of Space with an Easy-to-Lift Murphy Bed Cabinet You Build
**PLEASE NOTE: THIS KIT HAS A NEW DRILLING PATTERN, AS OF 10/1/21. PLEASE DRILL ONLY ACCORDING TO THE INSTRUCTIONS INCLUDED WITH YOUR KIT, NOT ANY PREVIOUSLY DOWNLOADED INSTRUCTIONS**
- Easy to Lift
- You Supply the Wood for the Cabinetry
- Comes in Twin, Full, Queen, and King Bed Sizes
- Durable Steel Frame with a Lifetime Warranty
- Spring Lift Mechanism Mounts to Cabinet Sides
- Vertical or Horizontal Mount Available
We Pay for Shipping! (Ships within one week)
Now Available with Murphy Bed Cabinet Hardware Kit!
Do It Yourself Panel Bed: A Murphy Bed Where the Doors Become the Bottom of the Bed
The Panel Bed Frame Kit allows you to build a Murphy Bed that has no doors to open, but instead has a face panel that folds down, becoming the bottom of the bed.
If you'd like us to manufacture all of the necessary cabinetry parts too, click here to look at our Panel Bed Cabinets.
Our Superior Panel Bed Frame Kit includes what you need to get started building your own Panel Bed System:
- Build Your Cabinet: Following our included instructions, your Superior Panel Bed / Alpha Frame Kit mounts to your cabinet made of 3/4" thick material, which mounts onto your wall, at the top of the cabinet. Note: no cabinetry or wood parts are included in this kit. For a bed-in-a-cabinet system, click here.
- Easy Lift and Lower: One pair of steel Spring-Balance-Lift Mechanisms (SBLMs), which secure to the sides of your cabinet, to raise and lower the panel bed
- Spring Loaded: 18 springs, to allow for various weight mattresses and face panels
- Strength and Support: Superior Steel Bed Frame, powder-coated to give a durable Black textured finish, with three steel stiffeners, holds up to 600 pounds (evenly distributed between two people & includes the weight of the mattress)
- Sturdy Feet: One pair of high-strength tubular 13" legs with a leg-connector bar for stability
- Bring Your Mattress: The Superior Panel Bed Frame Kit System works with any mattress up to 11 inches in thickness (Mattress not included)
- Vertical or Horizontal Mount: Mount your Panel Bed horizontally, with the optional horizontal leg rod
- In stock item: All of our Frame and DIY kits ships free from our warehouse in St Augustine, FL, within five business days, via FedEx ground (which takes 1-5 business days)
- Lifetime Warranty: Murphy Bed Depot has the best warranty money can buy on all of our Murphy Bed mechanisms and frames: A Lifetime Warranty! If you need any parts replaced because of manufacturer defect, we will ship you a replacement part quickly, at our cost.
No Cabinetry or Wood Parts are Included in this Kit
Do-it-yourself (DIY): All Murphy Bed Depot Frame and DIY kits come with all the hardware you need for the frame itself, making your assembly very do-able with some basic hand tools.
We Care About Your Safety: We've designed, tested, re-designed, and re-proven our products to make them as safe as possible for you and your guests to use.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll free 1-866-844-9255 for further details.
Dimensions of the Panel Bed on a Cabinet System:
Vertical Mount With 13" (Standard) Legs:
(using our included instructions):
- TWIN/SINGLE Bed Cabinet: 44.5" w x 83.25" h (XL is 88.25" h) x 16" d (Projection into room when bed is down: 84.5" (XL is 89.5"))
- FULL/DOUBLE Bed Cabinet: 59.5" w x 83.25" h x 16" d (Projection into room when bed is down: 84.5")
- QUEEN Bed Cabinet: 65.5" w x 88.25" h 16" d (Projection into room when bed is down: 89.5")
- KING Bed Cabinet: 81.5" w x 88.25" h x 16" d (Projection into room when bed is down: 89.5")
(be sure to add the horizontal leg rod):
- TWIN Bed Cabinet: 80" w (XL is 85" w) x 50" h x 16" d (Projection into room when bed is down: 50")
- FULL Bed Cabinet: 80" w x 65" h x 16" d (Projection into room when bed is down: 65")
- QUEEN Bed Cabinet: 85" w x 71" h 16" d (Projection into room when bed is down: 71")
- KING Bed Cabinet: n/a
To build your own Panel Bed Cabinet System, you'll need:
- One Murphy Bed Depot Superior Panel Bed Frame Kit (ships in two boxes), known elsewhere as the "Alpha Bed - Steel Bed Frame System"
- Our included instructions and cabinet cut list.
- Our Panel Bed Video Instructions
- Proper tools
- All wood parts
- All angle brackets and screws and hardware to build your own system (or purchase the Hardware Kit)
THE FRAME | SBF - STEEL BED FRAME
Our Panel Bed system is a lightweight, universal, structural steel bed frame with double overlap steel stiffeners. The design is complete with our fold-away leg system and is designed to exceed the strength of wood or aluminum as well as residential and commercial specifications. Our Panel Bed frames are made for use with Single, Double, Queen, or King size beds and the versatility of the design gives the user the option to mount the frame in the vertical or horizontal mode.
THE MECHANISM | SBLM - SPRING BALANCE LIFT MECHANISM
All sizes of the Panel Bed system include our heavy-duty, universal, easy-operation lift mechanisms. Designed for everyday use, this mechanism allows for varying spring combinations in order to balance all bed sizes Single through King, and creates easy fingertip operation.
- murphy bed
Straignt-forwad for a handy person
The cut list and instructions were clear, phone support was needed only once. Good project for a handy person and love the space it opened up in our second guest bedroom!
Easy to follow instructions
Very well laid out instructions, in clear and precise English. Came together just as expected, no troubles!
The kit has been perfected! The Murphy Bed is a great concept. This company delivered the hardware to create the Murphy Bed ideal setup. It is solid as can be.
DIY murphy bed
The bed was a success. It was not as easy as people have been saying in the reviews. The directions could have been a little clearer. I have to say the spring mechanism is absolutely awesome. It can be lowered and raised by one person! I'm older and have no problems with it.
Good quality and easy to install
LET OUR CUSTOMERS SPEAK FOR US
We have been looking for an affordable and well designed murphy bed for about 10 years. We found all that and more in the Next Bed. We just installed it in a closet and are awaiting our first guests. Thank you for helping us make our guest room better.
This is the second Majestic Library Bed we have purchased from Murphy Bed Depot. The quality of the bed and service we received were excellent. The company went out of its way to be of help.
Loved it!! I was building a Murphy bed myself for our guest bedroom/office and the instructions were easy to understand. The hinges work with ease and the panel was easy to assemble and attach to the false cabinet doors. I would purchase this kit again if we ever decide to do a custom Murphy bed at a future home.