“Panel Bed” DIY Murphy Bed Frame Kit
Saves Loads of Space with an Easy-to-Lift Murphy Bed Cabinet You Build
- Easy to Lift
- You Supply the Wood for the Cabinetry
- Comes in Twin, Full, Queen, and King Bed Sizes
- Durable Steel Frame with a Lifetime Warranty
- Spring Lift Mechanism Mounts to Cabinet Sides
- Vertical or Horizontal Mount Available
We Pay for Shipping!
Now Available with Murphy Bed Cabinet Hardware Kit!
Do It Yourself Panel Bed: A Murphy Bed Where the Doors Become the Bottom of the Bed
The Panel Bed Frame Kit allows you to build a Murphy Bed that has no doors to open, but instead has a face panel that folds down, becoming the bottom of the bed.
If you'd like us to manufacture all the wood parts, too, click here to look at our Panel Bed Cabinets.
Our Superior Panel Bed Frame Kit includes what you need to get started building your own Panel Bed System:
- Build Your Cabinet: Following our free instructions, your Superior Panel Bed / Alpha Frame Kit mounts to your cabinet made of 3/4" thick material, which mounts onto your wall, at the top of the cabinet. Note: no cabinetry or wood parts are included in this kit. For a bed-in-a-cabinet system, click here.
- Easy Lift and Lower: One pair of steel Spring-Balance-Lift Mechanisms (SBLMs), which secure to the sides of your cabinet, to raise and lower the panel bed
- Spring Loaded: 18 springs, to allow for various weight mattresses and face panels
- Strength and Support: Superior Steel Bed Frame, powder-coated to give a durable Black textured finish, with three steel stiffeners, holds up to 600 pounds (evenly distributed between two people & includes the weight of the mattress)
- Sturdy Feet: One pair of high-strength tubular 13" legs with a leg-connector bar for stability
- Bring Your Mattress: The Superior Panel Bed Frame Kit System works with any mattress up to 11 inches in thickness (Mattress not included)
- Vertical or Horizontal Mount: Mount your Panel Bed horizontally, with the optional horizontal leg rod
- In stock item: All of our Frame and DIY kits ships free from our warehouse in St Augustine, FL, within two business days, via FedEx ground (which takes 1-5 business days)
- Lifetime Warranty: Murphy Bed Depot has the best warranty money can buy on all of our Murphy Bed mechanisms and frames: A Lifetime Warranty! If you need any parts replaced because of manufacturer defect, we will ship you a replacement part quickly, at our cost.
No Cabinetry or Wood Parts are Included in this Kit
Do-it-yourself (DIY): All Murphy Bed Depot Frame and DIY kits come with all the hardware you need for the frame itself, making your assembly very do-able with some basic hand tools.
We Care About Your Safety: We've designed, tested, re-designed, and re-proven our products to make them as safe as possible for you and your guests to use.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll free 1-866-844-9255 for further details.
Dimensions of the Panel Bed on a Cabinet System:
Vertical Mount With 13" (Standard) Legs:
(using our PDF instructions):
- TWIN/SINGLE Bed Cabinet: 44.5" w x 83.25" h (XL is 88.25" h) x 16" d (Projection into room when bed is down: 84.5" (XL is 89.5"))
- FULL/DOUBLE Bed Cabinet: 59.5" w x 83.25" h x 16" d (Projection into room when bed is down: 84.5")
- QUEEN Bed Cabinet: 65.5" w x 88.25" h 16" d (Projection into room when bed is down: 89.5")
- KING Bed Cabinet: 81.5" w x 88.25" h x 16" d (Projection into room when bed is down: 89.5")
(be sure to add the horizontal leg rod):
- TWIN Bed Cabinet: 80" w (XL is 85" w) x 50" h x 16" d (Projection into room when bed is down: 50")
- FULL Bed Cabinet: 80" w x 65" h x 16" d (Projection into room when bed is down: 65")
- QUEEN Bed Cabinet: 85" w x 71" h 16" d (Projection into room when bed is down: 71")
- KING Bed Cabinet: n/a
To build your own Panel Bed Cabinet System, you'll need:
- One Murphy Bed Depot Superior Panel Bed Frame Kit (ships in two boxes), known elsewhere as the "Alpha Bed - Steel Bed Frame System"
- Our free, downloadable cut list and instructions
- Our Panel Bed Video Instructions
- Proper tools
- All wood parts
- All angle brackets and screws and hardware to build your own system (or purchase the Hardware Kit)
THE FRAME | SBF - STEEL BED FRAME
Our Panel Bed system is a lightweight, universal, structural steel bed frame with double overlap steel stiffeners. The design is complete with our fold-away leg system and is designed to exceed the strength of wood or aluminum as well as residential and commercial specifications. Our Panel Bed frames are made for use with Single, Double, Queen, or King size beds and the versatility of the design gives the user the option to mount the frame in the vertical or horizontal mode.
THE MECHANISM | SBLM - SPRING BALANCE LIFT MECHANISM
All sizes of the Panel Bed system include our heavy-duty, universal, easy-operation lift mechanisms. Designed for everyday use, this mechanism allows for varying spring combinations in order to balance all bed sizes Single through King, and creates easy fingertip operation.
The bed was a success. It was not as easy as people have been saying in the reviews. The directions could have been a little clearer. I have to say the spring mechanism is absolutely awesome. It can be lowered and raised by one person! I'm older and have no problems with it.
Good quality and easy to install
Amazing, Coustumer happy
Experience was great. This is the best murphy bed available, in my opinion
I ordered my bed frame after a lot of research and a lot of planning and looking at different ideas for the DIY Murphy Beds. We wanted a king size option and I wanted to fit in my sofa space and I wanted something different from everything I had seen. I look at different sofas and decided to try and make my own. I used a simple design and an easy idea, basically a bench with cushions. Lucky for me my mom and I are avid sewers and we got to work. I built the bed frame over the course of a couple days, as a 6 month pregnant-5’2” foot woman I was able to assemble most of the cabinet and bed mechanism myself. I did have my husband help with some of the literal heavy lifting. It would also have been much faster if I didn’t have two small children needing mama all the time. The instruction for building the cabinet were clear and concise. I did make a couple of rookie builder mistakes like when I was putting in the nuts and blots to put the steel frame together I put them in the wrong way, but I was able to take them out and put them in the right way easily enough. As a novice builder I had to read everything carefully but I was not more than I could handle. I was happy to see how easy the bed was to put up! In fact my young children were able to put the beds up themselves. It was pretty cute. I am left with the feeling of YES. I could make more of these! In fact I’m looking for more place to put muphy beds in my tiny home. I couldn’t recommend this product and higher for any DIY enthusiast with a passion for making their ideas reality.
LET OUR CUSTOMERS SPEAK FOR US
We have been looking for an affordable and well designed murphy bed for about 10 years. We found all that and more in the Next Bed. We just installed it in a closet and are awaiting our first guests. Thank you for helping us make our guest room better.
This is the second Majestic Library Bed we have purchased from Murphy Bed Depot. The quality of the bed and service we received were excellent. The company went out of its way to be of help.
Loved it!! I was building a Murphy bed myself for our guest bedroom/office and the instructions were easy to understand. The hinges work with ease and the panel was easy to assemble and attach to the false cabinet doors. I would purchase this kit again if we ever decide to do a custom Murphy bed at a future home.