Clearance "Murphy Slat Bed" Wall Mounted Murphy Bed Frame
The Murphy Slat Bed: A Modern Wall-Mounted Murphy Bed with Wooden Slats for Ultimate Comfort (Formerly Known as the "Next Bed")
These Clearance Murphy Slat Beds are new but have some paint chipping and/or dents. Oxidation of the metal may show through as well.
They function fully.
They may have been shipped and returned. The packaging may show signs of having been shipped. We will inspect each bed before shipping to make sure all parts are present and accounted for. Scratches, etc, may be present.
Please note that no returns are accepted on clearance items.
We Pay for Shipping!
Click "Add to Cart" To Start Your Order
The All-Inclusive Murphy Bed option
- Bed Sizes Available: Single/Twin (39" Wide), Double/Full (54" Wide), Queen (60" Wide)
- In stock, are ready to ship within 2 days via UPS Ground
- Designed for Everyday or occasional use
- Lifetime Warranty on the white powder-coated steel bed frame
- Bent Wood Slats of laminated wood to support your mattress, up to 11" thick
- Spring Counter-Balance System makes raising and lowering effortless
- Mounting Options: Can be mounted to either the floor or wall with included wall mount brackets
- Small Footprint as little as 16 inches deep (mattress thickness + 9 inches)
- Self-Actuated Legs: The legs come down automatically as you lower the Next Bed
- Installation Options: Can be installed as a stand-alone frame, in a cabinet, or in a closet
Murphy Slat Bed Dimensions
- Single/Twin w Mattress 39”W x 79 ¾”H x 16”D (Protrusion into room 80")
- Double/Full w Mattress 54”W x 79 ¾”H x 16”D (Protrusion into room 80”)
- Queen 60”W x 84 ¾”H x 16”D (Protrusion into room 86”)
- Note: The Depth and Protrusion Grow as the Mattress Thickness Increases (Mattress Plus 8")
Please note: All Measurements are Approximate
The Murphy Slat Bed in Action
Compared to the Door Bed Frame
The Door Bed Frame and the Murphy Slat Bed are similar options, and we get many questions about the differences.
- The Door Bed Frame can be ordered without wall mount brackets, and without a mattress support, resulting the lowest-priced Murphy Bed Frame Kit
- The Murphy Slat Bed always includes wall mount brackets, and wood slats as a mattress support
- The Door Bed Frame and Murphy Slat Bed both use springs, and the lift mechanisms are nearly identical
- We use the Door Bed Frame in our Majestic Library Bed and Boaz Bed, partially because the Door Bed Frame requires 1" less depth, when in the vertical position
- The Door Bed Frame is made angle-iron, powder coated black
- The Murphy Slat Bed is made from tubular steel, powder coated white
- guest room
Super Happy with the Murphy Bed
The Next Bed from The Murphy Bed Depot was the was perfect solution for me. After measuring and careful consideration I selected the "Clearance Murphy Slat Bed Wall Mounted Murphy Bed” in a queen size. It was affordable, comfortable for my guest, and relatively simple. I elected not to build any sort of cabinets around it because I wanted it to look more like a normal bed when used as a bed, and I don’t really need to hide it when it is up. The help center was great about answering all my questions before I purchased it, so I was confident I was getting the right option. It arrived in a timely manner and in perfect condition. Every thing measured just as I was told it would. I’m not going to lie, it was intimidating to put together. I had to undo and redo some parts a couple of times, I had to look some things up on the internet, and you most definitely will need a pair of vice grip pliers. But, with patience I was able to get it done. I knew I could have called the help center, but I never really needed to because I was always able to figure it out myself. I love that the bed stays up by itself and that there is room for me to put a thinnish headboard and pictures on the wall behind the bed, so when company comes all I need is a gentle pull and Voila!, it’s ready. And it was totally worth it! I love it. When down it makes the room look like a lovey guest room — you’d never know it was a Murphy bed. When up I have space to do my thing. If you’re looking for a inexpensive and simple solution to making the most of your space in a small room, I recommend this bed.
A Nice Bedd
The bed came fairly quickly after I purchased it. It was a clearance bed, meaning it had been returned for some reason, but it was in fine condition when I received it. The comments I saw about it taking longer to install help me to give myself extra time putting it together. That was good. The parts are packaged to correspond to the steps, which is nice. One part was mislabeled on the packaging, but counting through the steps solved the problem. The springs are definitely hard to install, requiring significant strength, but so far I'm pleased with the purchase.
LET OUR CUSTOMERS SPEAK FOR US
We have been looking for an affordable and well designed murphy bed for about 10 years. We found all that and more in the Next Bed. We just installed it in a closet and are awaiting our first guests. Thank you for helping us make our guest room better.
This is the second Majestic Library Bed we have purchased from Murphy Bed Depot. The quality of the bed and service we received were excellent. The company went out of its way to be of help.
Loved it!! I was building a Murphy bed myself for our guest bedroom/office and the instructions were easy to understand. The hinges work with ease and the panel was easy to assemble and attach to the false cabinet doors. I would purchase this kit again if we ever decide to do a custom Murphy bed at a future home.