Door Bed Frame-Free shipping to cont. 48 U.S. States
Posted by NYCRJMAC on Apr 17th 2017
End result: easy to use, well-made wall bed frame.
Delivery was FAST. Well designed and constructed, everything fit together without a hitch. Instructions were clear and easy to follow, and a friend and I put it together in about 4 hours, working at a casual pace. I did get the (optional) mattress support, I'd say the additional cost vs. the time, materials and labor of making my own was well worth it.
Posted by Joshua on Apr 12th 2017
I purchased the king size. Highly recommend this product. I even called over the weekend when I was having it installled and someone from Murphy Bed Depot was so helpful and responsive. Great company, amazing product, worth every dollar spent.
Well made -heavy metal
Posted by Brad on Apr 5th 2017
Its well made, didn't expect it to be that heavy. Went together pretty easy. A vise grip worked better installing springs.
Posted by Lorri on Feb 7th 2017
My bedroom also serves as my living room and I love that I can change it back and forth! The bed folds up so easily.. I am impressed.
Looks and works great
Posted by David on Jan 23rd 2017
The product arrived on time and all of the parts were shipped. There was a video I watched to assemble and it turned out great!
Posted by Unknown on Dec 29th 2016
When I received the Door Frame it was all that it is advertised. The frame itself is made from heavy steel, much stronger than our king bed frame. Very satisfied. Easy to assemble, except the instructions leave something to be desired. So far Lego and Ikea instructions have been the easiest to follow, they are only pictures, not writings. A major factor was this is American made.
Posted by Ray Jeske on Dec 20th 2016
Everything fit perfectly
I highly recommend the Queen bed
Posted by Pamela on Nov 22nd 2016
My name is Pamela and I've asked for helping building a Murphy bed for 6 years now. I finally got tired of asking my husband and bought this Murphy bed kit! I love it. AND.. I put it together myself. He helped me with the springs just because they made me nervous. Now I have a guest room and office! Perfect. Thinking of buying a horizontal kit next do an extra bed.
Posted by Michael on Jul 28th 2016
Very well made product. A real pleasure to have instructions you can follow. Springs are tough to install, but then again, they always are difficult to install on any item.
Posted by Mark Barber on May 20th 2016
Great space saver
Murphy Door Bed Frame:
- Guaranteed Lowest Price in the Universe
- The a la carte Murphy Bed option (click here to compare our frames)
- Available in Single/Twin, Double/Full, Queen, and King
- In stock, are ready to ship within 2 days via UPS Ground
- Designed for everyday or occasional use
- Lifetime Warranty on the black powder-coated steel bed frame
- Available hand-made mattress support to support your mattress, up to 11" thick (or, save by building your own, from plywood)
- Spring counter-balance system makes raising and lowering effortless
- Can be mounted to either the floor with included concrete anchors, or lag screws into wood (not included), or the base of the wall with available wall mount brackets
- Footprint as small as 15 inches deep (mattress thickness + 7 inches)
- Self-actuated leg
- Can be installed alone, in a cabinet, or in a closet
- What does the "Door" in "Door Bed Frame" mean? It refers to the type of cabinet this frame is typically installed in: a cabinet with bifold doors
Newly Revised Instructions:
View our valuable video tip on spring installation: http://youtu.be/TKrzIdJePHw
Murphy Door Bed Frame Dimensions
With 9" or less mattress:
- Single/Twin w/Mattress 39" W x 80"H x 16"D (Protrusion into room - 80 inches)
- Double/Full w Mattress 54"W x 80"H x 16"D (Protrusion into room - 80 inches)
- Queen w Mattress 60"W x 85"H x 16"D (Protrusion into room 86 inches)
- King w Mattress 78"W x 85"H x 16"D (Protrusion into room 86 inches)
- Purchase one of our hand-crafted mattress supports above, made from wood, corrugated material, and wrapped in a durable fabric (about 1" thick, in total)
- Or save and use plywood to make your own. For a Queen Frame we recommend using 5/8" thick plywood, for Full and Twin Murphy Bed Frames 1/2" thick plywood will be sufficient, allowing for
a cut out area from your plywood at the head of the frame, for weldment that is not level with rest of frame.