The NEXT Bed: A Modern Wall-Mounted Murphy Bed with Wooden Slats for Ultimate Comfort
Note: Available in Vertical Orientation Only
We Pay for Shipping!
What people are saying:
I've been looking for a Murphy bed for a while and settled on this one because it attaches to the baseboard and not the wall. I'm very happy with it. It arrived in 2 days, is affordable, easy to assemble (for 2small women) and durable. I'm going to build a simple cabinet around it, but it would not be necessary if you don't want to. I highly recommend this bed.
Click "Add to Cart" To Start Your Order
- The All-Inclusive Murphy Bed option
- Bed Sizes Available: Single/Twin (39" Wide), Double/Full (54" Wide), Queen (60" Wide)
- In stock, ready to ship within 2-3 business days via FedEx Ground
- Designed for Every Day or occasional use
- Lifetime Warranty on the white powder-coated steel bed frame
- Bent Wood Slats of laminated wood to support your mattress, up to 11" thick
- Maximum Mattress Thickness of 11" - Mattress must be able to stand on-end without sagging or doubling over.
- Spring Counter-Balance System makes raising and lowering effortless
- Mounting Options: Can be mounted to either the floor or wall with included wall mount brackets
- Small Footprint as little as 16 inches deep (mattress thickness + 9 inches)
- Self-Actuated Legs: The legs come down automatically as you lower the Next Bed
- Installation Options: Can be installed as a stand-alone frame, in a cabinet, or a closet
NEXT Bed DimensionsSingle/Twin: 39” W x 80” H x 16”-19" D (Protrusion into room 80"+)
Double/Full: 54” W x 80” H x 16”-19" D (Protrusion into room 80”+)
Queen: 60” W x 85” H x 16”-19" D (Protrusion into room 86”+)
Note: The Depth and Protrusion Grow as the Mattress Thickness Increases (Depth When Up = Mattress Thickness Plus 8 inches)
- Depth with 8" Mattress: 16"
- Depth with 11" Mattress (maximum thickness): 19"
- Will it fit in a closet?
- A Twin/Single or Double/Full should work in a closet with NO LESS THAN 81 inches of height on the opening and 2 inches extra on the width. So even if the closet is 24-30 inches deep, the opening needs to be NO LESS THAN 81 inches to the lowest point of the opening.
- If your opening is 80 inches, we recommend the Murphy Door Bed Frame instead.
Please note: All Measurements are Approximate
The Murphy Slat Bed in Action
Compared to the Door Bed Frame
The Door Bed Frame and the Murphy Slat Bed are similar options, and we get many questions about the differences.
- The Door Bed Frame can be ordered without a "mattress support," resulting in the lowest-priced Murphy Bed Frame Kit.
- The Murphy Slat Bed always includes wood slats as a mattress support.
- Both frames now always include wall mount brackets.
- The Door Bed Frame and Murphy Slat Bed use springs, and the lift mechanisms are nearly identical.
- The Door Bed Frame requires 1" less depth when in the vertical position
- The Door Bed Frame: angle-iron, powder-coated black
- The Murphy Slat Bed: tubular steel, powder-coated white
Just what we needed
This is perfect for a second guest bed which we seldom need but came in handy over Christmas. It took my husband about six hours to put together by himself and he’s not very mechanical. Great product. Definitely recommend.
Best Bed EVER!
Looked at many Murphy bed sites before deciding on The Murphy Bed Depot. Good reviews, Price and Shipping were all based on my decision. If I could give it more stars I would. Directions more than easy to use and understand. A well made product for the money. Thank You Murphy Bed Depot!
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback and your photo, Stephen! I'm so happy to hear you've been able to save space using the Next Bed. It's our pleasure to have been able to help.
Two Twins for Visitors
I absolutely adore the murphy beds I purchased for my office closets! We have a very busy farm and often have last minute visitors. I bought these beds for just this purpose. I have had to remove them and paint the closet, and reinstall them. EASY PEASEY!! Im am very happy with the quality and functionality of the beds. Thank you for the great product!
Happy but Confused
The bed has been in place a year and its great - I wanted to give it a year to settle - however we have had little luck trying to customize a cabinet - we are not handy - we are happy just to have a base cabinet and hide with a velvet drape - we have 2 on each side of a studio space in a church - but no one here has printed any advice or plans for a cabinet and Im kind of surprised no template is provided by MBD. Even a schematic would be appreciated so you can source your own wood - its expensive to but wood this size and make a mistake
Love how the bed looks in the space - can't wait to have guests over! Functions perfectly. Recommend!
We are so glad to hear you love it and appreciate your business!