Saves Loads of Space with an Easy-to-Lift Murphy Bed Cabinet You Build
We Pay for Shipping!
Now Available with Murphy Bed Cabinet Hardware Kit!
Do It Yourself Panel Bed: A Murphy Bed Where the Doors Become the Bottom of the Bed
The Panel Bed Frame Kit allows you to build a Murphy Bed that has no doors to open, but instead has a face panel that folds down, becoming the bottom of the bed.
If you'd like us to manufacture all the wood parts, too, click here to look at our Panel Bed Cabinets.
Our Superior Panel Bed Frame Kit includes what you need to get started building your own Panel Bed System:
Build Your Cabinet: Following our free instructions, your Superior Panel Bed / Alpha Frame Kit mounts to your cabinet made of 3/4" thick material, which mounts onto your wall, at the top of the cabinet. Note: no cabinetry or wood parts are included in this kit. For a bed-in-a-cabinet system, click here.
Easy Lift and Lower: One pair of steel Spring-Balance-Lift Mechanisms (SBLMs), which secure to the sides of your cabinet, to raise and lower the panel bed
Spring Loaded: 18 springs, to allow for various weight mattresses and face panels
Strength and Support: Superior Steel Bed Frame, powder coated to give a durable Black textured finish, with three steel stiffeners, holds over 600 pounds
Sturdy Feet: One pair of high-strength tubular 13" legs with a leg-connector bar for stability
Bring Your Mattress: The Superior Panel Bed Frame Kit System works with any mattress up to 11 inches in thickness (Mattress not included)
Vertical or Horizontal Mount: Mount your Panel Bed horizontally, with the optional horizontal leg rod
In stock item: All of our Frame and DIY kits ships free from our warehouse in St Augustine, FL, within two business days, via FedEx ground (which takes 1-4 business days).
Lifetime Warranty: Murphy Bed Depot has the best warranty money can buy on all of our Murphy Bed mechanisms and frames: A Lifetime Warranty! If you need any parts replaced because of manufacturer defect, we will ship you a replacement part quickly, at our cost.
No Cabinetry or Wood Parts are Included in this Kit
Do-it-yourself (DIY): All Murphy Bed Depot Frame and DIY kits come with all the hardware you need for the frame itself, making your assembly very do-able with some basic hand tools.
We Care About Your Safety: We've designed, tested, re-designed, and re-proven our products to make them as safe as possible for you and your guests to use.
Contact us at email@example.com or call toll free 1-866-844-9255 for further details.
Free PDF Instructions
Shipping and Return Policies
Frames / Mechanisms typically ship within 2 business days, from our location in St Augustine, FL, via FedEx or UPS Ground, or USPS Priority Mail
Murphy Bed Furniture typically ships within 3-5 weeks, from our location in St Augustine, FL, via FedEx or UPS Freight (on a semi truck with a lift gate, to the curbside)
Frame / Mechanism Return Policy:
- Contact Murphy Bed Depot for return code, before proceeding.
- Any credit to Buyer will be made only after product is received back to Murphy Bed Depot and inspected and found in to be in the same condition as received.
- Buyer will be responsible for any return shipping and re-crating charges.
- Credit to buyer will be less 25% restocking fee on any returned items.
- All returns must be made within 14 days of receipt.
- Toll Free: 866-844-9255 - Fax: 904-823-9281
Cabinet Order Cancellation Policy:
- Any cancellations must be made within 7 days of placing an order.
- No returns are accepted on cabinets, as they are made-to-order.
- At the time of cancellation, credit to the buyer will be less 25% restocking fee.
- Toll Free 866-844-9255 - Fax: 904-823-9281
Murphy Bed Depot makes every effort to ship frame and hardware orders within 2 business days. Allow an additional 2-10 days for transit time. Transit delays, following Murphy Bed Depot's handing off of the product to the carrier, do not negate Murphy Bed Depot's return policy. If, during a transit delay, a customer decides they no longer want the product, the customer will be responsible for return shipping charges and a restocking fee.
If, upon receipt of any Murphy Bed Depot shipment, any parts or hardware are damaged, missing, or defective, Murphy Bed Depot will replace the parts or hardware at no cost, to the original shipping address, if notified in writing within 7 business days of receipt (email is sufficient).
Murphy Bed Furniture Shipping:
Murphy Bed Depot offers free shipping and inside delivery to the 48 contiguous United States. Please call, email, or chat for a shipping quote to any location outside this area. Free shipping excludes Alaska, Hawaii, US Protectorates and remote or hard to reach areas. Some addresses are not covered by our carrier(s), due to narrow roads, dirt roads, steep roads or driveways, or other obstacles. Please notify Murphy Bed Depot in writing immediately upon purchase if you suspect this may be the case for your shipping address. If your shipping address falls under this category, we will offer free shipping to the carrier's nearest terminal.
Free shipping excludes most products not purchased directly through murphybeddepot.com.
Murphy Bed Depot carefully and thoroughly packages all shipments, surrounding your Murphy Bed Cabinet in wood or plywood, usually 3/4" thick. We ask that all recipients carefully inspect their package(s) upon arrival and note on the receipt of delivery "Possible Internal Damage" unless every part is inspected prior to signing. You must notify Murphy Bed Depot of any damage, in writing, within 7 days of receipt (email is sufficient).
Murphy Bed Depot's average production time for Murphy Bed Furniture is 3-4 weeks. Time in transit will add another 2-10 days.
Please note that for any and all made-to-order products, the shipping estimate is not a guaranteed shipment date. While we do all we can to ship within the usual timeline estimated, manufacturing delays occasionally occur, leading to longer lead times.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.
Dimensions of the Panel Bed on a Cabinet System:
Vertical Mount With 13" (Standard) Legs:
(using our PDF instructions):
- TWIN/SINGLE Bed Cabinet: 44.5" w x 83.25" h x 16" d (Projection into room when bed is down: 84.5")
- FULL/DOUBLE Bed Cabinet: 59.5" w x 83.25" h x 16" d (Projection into room when bed is down: 84.5")
- QUEEN Bed Cabinet: 65.5" w x 88.25" h 16" d (Projection into room when bed is down: 89.5")
- KING Bed Cabinet: 81.5" w x 88.25" h x 16" d (Projection into room when bed is down: 89.5")
(be sure to add the horizontal leg rod):
- TWIN Bed Cabinet: 80" w x 50" h x 16" d (Projection into room when bed is down: 50")
- FULL Bed Cabinet: 80" w x 65" h x 16" d (Projection into room when bed is down: 65")
- QUEEN Bed Cabinet: 85" w x 71" h 16" d (Projection into room when bed is down: 71")
- KING Bed Cabinet: n/a
To build your own Panel Bed Cabinet System, you'll need:
- One Murphy Bed Depot Superior Panel Bed Frame Kit (ships in two boxes), known elsewhere as the "Alpha Bed - Steel Bed Frame System"
- Our free, downloadable cut list and instructions
- Our Panel Bed Video Instructions
- Proper tools
- All wood parts
- All angle brackets and screws and hardware to build your own system