Sofa and Panel Bed Ensemble
Murphy Bed/Couch is Perfect
Posted by Kim Flodin on Nov 16th 2016
We are so happy with our sofa and panel bed ensemble. The mechanism couldn't be easier to use and the couch is of even better quality than we expected. Plus, the folks at Murphy Bed Depot were very easy to work with and offered guidance during our order and an excellent recommendation for a local installer (worth every penny). Very pleased, highly recommend.
Lifetime Warranty on the Murphy Bed Frame
The Sofa Bed: Redefined
Our made-to-order sofa combined with our Murphy Bed Depot Panel Bed system will turn your room into a cozy living area or a bedroom.
Eight colors of furniture-grade melamine are available at our lowest prices, with a myriad of custom options available.
- Custom Designed: Each Murphy Bed system is crafted just for you. Ships in about 5 weeks, to your curb. Whatever you can dream up, we will build it just for you.
- Bring Your Mattress: The Metro Panel Bed System, which is what our Sofa Bed utilizes, works with any mattress up to 11 inches in thickness. Mattress not included.
- Actual colors may vary slightly from photo depictions. See our Flickr page for more images of the various colors on installed murphy beds, closets, and offices.
- More Choices than You Can Imagine: Call us at (866)844-9255 with your fabric choice desires, and we'll be happy to send you photos of what we have.
Lifetime Warranty: Murphy Bed Depot has the best warranty money can buy on all of our Murphy Bed mechanisms and frames: A Lifetime Warranty! And, we offer an industry-leading 5 year limited warranty on all wood parts. If you need any parts replaced because of manufacturer defect, we will ship you a replacement part quickly, at our cost.
Do-it-yourself (DIY): All Murphy Bed Depot cabinet systems come with all the hardware you need. Using CNC routers, the wood parts come pre-drilled, making your assembly very do-able with some basic hand tools. And to help you along the way, we've starred in some top-notch assembly videos that are bound to become YouTube sensations. :)
From Our Family to Yours: Our cabinets are custom-made in Florida, just for you. Whether you're looking to showcase your electric guitars, your stenciling skills, or your ship's wheel, we can help you achieve guest room nirvana.
Stronger Than Your Average Cabinet: Becasue it is built with 3/4" thick industrial-strength particle board and a thermally fused melamine surface, your cabinet will be one of your most durable pieces of furniture. This stuff is made to last, and meets or exceeds several ANSI technical standards. It's so easy to clean, we simply bring along some window cleaner and paper towels on our local installs. Scratch resistance is melamine's middle name.
We Care About Your Safety: We've designed, tested, re-designed, and re-proven our products to make them as safe as possible for you and your guests to use.
Dimensions of the Sofa Bed System
The backless sofa is custom-made to allow for the sofa to stay put and save space when the bed is being used (just remove and store the seat cushions under the bed).
We can add a sofa to any Panel Bed, but the standard configuration (A Panel Bed with trim on each side to match the width of the sofa arms) has the following dimensions:
- Double/Full size measures 70" w x 85" h x 45" d (15" deep for the cabinet, plus sofa depth of 30")
- Queen size measures 76" w x 90" h x 45" d (15" deep for the cabinet, plus sofa depth of 30")
- King size measures 94" w x 90" h x 45" d (15" deep for the cabinet, plus sofa depth of 30"
Dimensions of the Horizontal Sofa Bed System
- Both the Double/Full and Queen size Horizontal Sofa Bed Systems use the "King Size" sofa, so the overall width is the same, but the width of the trim next to the bed cabinet varies
- Double/Full size measures 94" w x 65.5" h x 45" d (15" deep for the cabinet, plus sofa depth of 30")
- Queen size measures 94" w x 71.5" h x 45" d (15" deep for the cabinet, plus sofa depth of 30")
- An example of a Queen can be seen here
As with any of our Murphy Bed Cabinets, we offer a range of standard color options, along with the almost-endless color options that come with an upgrade to a wood-venner cabinet, either unfinished, stained, or painted. If you're interested in these options, call us at (866)844-9255 to discuss your dream sofa bed.