The St Augustine Bed
The St Augustine Bed
The St Augustine Panel Bed, Featuring Modern Smooth-Front Doors
How the Panel Bed Folds Down
The Panel Bed System, available in depths from 15-20", and available with customizable side cabinets, is a great cornerstone for designing a Flexible Murphy Bed Room.
Our Panel Bed System includes everything you need to transform any space into a dual-purpose guest room.
Many colors of furniture-grade melamine are available at our lowest prices, with a myriad of custom options available.
- Custom Designed: Each Murphy Bed system is crafted just for you. Ships in about 8 weeks, to your curb (see other shipping options at checkout). Whatever you can dream up, we will build it just for you.
- Bring Your Mattress: The Panel Bed System works with a mattress less than 11 inches in thickness. Mattress not included. Important: Mattress must be rigid enough to stand on-end without doubling over. See below for required Mattress Dimensions
- Actual colors may vary slightly from photo depictions. See our Flickr page for more images of the various colors on installed murphy beds, closets, and offices.
- Order Color Samples Here
Lifetime Warranty: Murphy Bed Depot has the best warranty money can buy on all of our Murphy Bed mechanisms and frames: A Lifetime Warranty! And, we offer an industry-leading 5 year limited warranty on all wood parts. If you need any parts replaced because of manufacturer defect, we will ship you a replacement part quickly, at our cost.
Do-it-yourself (DIY): All Murphy Bed Depot cabinet systems come with all the hardware you need. Using CNC routers, the wood parts come pre-drilled, making your assembly very do-able with some basic hand tools. And to help you along the way, we've starred in some top-notch assembly videos that are bound to become YouTube sensations. :)
From Our Family to Yours: Our cabinets are custom-made in Florida, just for you. Whether you're looking to showcase your electric guitars, your stenciling skills, or your ship's wheel, we can help you achieve guest room nirvana.
Before You Buy: Since our cabinets are made just for you, we ask that you read all the specifications carefully and measure your space precisely before placing your order! Call or email us with any questions. Cancelations must be made within 7 days of ordering and returns are not accepted on cabinet orders. See full return policy here.
Stronger Than Your Average Cabinet: Because it is built with 3/4" thick commercial-strength particle board and a thermally fused melamine surface, your cabinet will be one of your most durable pieces of furniture. This stuff is made to last, and meets or exceeds several ANSI technical standards. It's so easy to clean, we simply bring along some window cleaner and paper towels on our local installs. Scratch resistance is melamine's middle name.
We Care About Your Safety: We've designed, tested, re-designed, and re-proven our products to make them as safe as possible for you and your guests to use.
*Free Shipping to the 48 Contiguous United States. Call (904)823-9255 or email Office@murphybeddepot.com for Quotes to Other Destinations.
Dimensions of the Panel Bed Cabinet
- Note: Depth and Projection listed are for standard, 15-inch depth. As depth increases, projection increases the same amount.
- TWIN/SINGLE Bed Cabinet: 45" w x 85" h x 15" d (Projection into room when bed is down: 85"). Mattress must be less than 11 inches thick, and no more than 39" wide x 74.5" long.
- FULL/DOUBLE Bed Cabinet: 60" w x 85" h x 15" d (Projection into room when bed is down: 85"). Mattress must be less than 11 inches thick, and no more than 54" wide x 74.5" long.
- QUEEN Bed Cabinet: 66" w x 90" h 15" d (Projection into room when bed is down: 90"). Mattress must be less than 11 inches thick, and no more than 60" wide x 79.5" long.
- KING Bed Cabinet: 82" w x 90" h x 15" d (Projection into room when bed is down: 90"). Mattress must be less than 11 inches thick, and no more than 76" wide x 79.5" long.
- TWIN XL Bed Cabinet: 45" w x 90" h x 15" d (Projection into room when bed is down: 90"). Mattress must be less than 11 inches thick, and no more than 39" wide x 79.5" long.
Love it! The video to assemble was very helpful.
Barn doors Queen size Murphy bed
The Murphy Bed Depot team was such a great team to work with, they answered all my questions within few hours after reaching out to them by email — the team is very responsive and knowledgeable! Placing my order and receiving it was easy and very well organized. And the result is just absolutely stunning!!! You can tell that they dedicate their time to make furnitures for them to last…thank you so, so much. I definitely recommend Murphy Bed Depot!
So happy with this purchase!
We decided to replace the regular bed in a secondary guest room to have more flexible space. After much research and sample swatches from several companies, we went with MurphyBedDepot. So happy with the purchase, assembly, customer service and overall process. The assembly does take time and patience, but the finished product is worth it. High quality materials, looks great and the spring mechanism operation makes it very easy to open and close. The assembly videos were very helpful, too. We wish we had done this years ago.
My experience with Murphy Bed Depot and my St. Augustine Bed were fantastic. I was a little hesitant at first, but their pricing and reviews were great. The delivery with FedEx Express was exactly on time and it arrived in perfect condition. Even the driver was impressed with how well it was packaged and it survived the trip from St. Augustine Fl. to Mammoth Lakes, CA.. The instructions were clear and very helpful. I had the bed together in a couple of hours and it worked perfectly. I have added some trim pieces to the plain outside of the St. Augustine and it added a perfect touch of Craftsman style. The bed mechanism works perfectly, One handed, very smooth operation. Perfect for my situation in a studio condo in the mountain resort. Great job to everyone at Murphy Bed Depot, you have exceeded my expectations!! Great product, great people to work with.
BEST INVESTMENT EVER!!
The unit was not hard to assemble and the finished product was well worth it. Customer service is also right on the ball and fast to answer any questions or concerns. A++++
LET OUR CUSTOMERS SPEAK FOR US
We have been looking for an affordable and well designed murphy bed for about 10 years. We found all that and more in the Next Bed. We just installed it in a closet and are awaiting our first guests. Thank you for helping us make our guest room better.
This is the second Majestic Library Bed we have purchased from Murphy Bed Depot. The quality of the bed and service we received were excellent. The company went out of its way to be of help.
Loved it!! I was building a Murphy bed myself for our guest bedroom/office and the instructions were easy to understand. The hinges work with ease and the panel was easy to assemble and attach to the false cabinet doors. I would purchase this kit again if we ever decide to do a custom Murphy bed at a future home.