The NEXT Bed: A Modern Wall-Mounted Murphy Bed with Wooden Slats for Ultimate Comfort
Note: Available in Vertical Orientation Only
We Pay for Shipping!
What people are saying:
I've been looking for a Murphy bed for a while and settled on this one because it attaches to the baseboard and not the wall. I'm very happy with it. It arrived in 2 days, is affordable, easy to assemble (for 2small women) and durable. I'm going to build a simple cabinet around it, but it would not be necessary if you don't want to. I highly recommend this bed.
Click "Add to Cart" To Start Your Order
- The All-Inclusive Murphy Bed option
- Bed Sizes Available: Single/Twin (39" Wide), Double/Full (54" Wide), Queen (60" Wide)
- In stock, ready to ship within 2-3 business days via FedEx Ground
- Designed for Every Day or occasional use
- Lifetime Warranty on the white powder-coated steel bed frame
- Bent Wood Slats of laminated wood to support your mattress, up to 11" thick
- Maximum Mattress Thickness of 11" - Mattress must be able to stand on-end without sagging or doubling over.
- Spring Counter-Balance System makes raising and lowering effortless
- Mounting Options: Can be mounted to either the floor or wall with included wall mount brackets
- Small Footprint as little as 16 inches deep (mattress thickness + 9 inches)
- Self-Actuated Legs: The legs come down automatically as you lower the Next Bed
- Installation Options: Can be installed as a stand-alone frame, in a cabinet, or a closet
NEXT Bed DimensionsSingle/Twin: 39” W x 80” H x 16”-19" D (Protrusion into room 80"+)
Double/Full: 54” W x 80” H x 16”-19" D (Protrusion into room 80”+)
Queen: 60” W x 85” H x 16”-19" D (Protrusion into room 86”+)
Note: The Depth and Protrusion Grow as the Mattress Thickness Increases (Depth When Up = Mattress Thickness Plus 8 inches)
- Depth with 8" Mattress: 16"
- Depth with 11" Mattress (maximum thickness): 19"
- Will it fit in a closet?
- A Twin/Single or Double/Full should work in a closet with NO LESS THAN 81 inches of height on the opening and 2 inches extra on the width. So even if the closet is 24-30 inches deep, the opening needs to be NO LESS THAN 81 inches to the lowest point of the opening.
Please note: All Measurements are Approximate
The Murphy Slat Bed in Action
Compared to the Door Bed Frame
The Door Bed Frame and the Murphy Slat Bed are similar options, and we get many questions about the differences.
- The Door Bed Frame can be ordered without a "mattress support," resulting in the lowest-priced Murphy Bed Frame Kit.
- The Murphy Slat Bed always includes wood slats as a mattress support.
- Both frames now always include wall mount brackets.
- The Door Bed Frame and Murphy Slat Bed use springs, and the lift mechanisms are nearly identical.
- The Door Bed Frame requires 1" less depth when in the vertical position
- The Door Bed Frame: angle-iron, powder-coated black
- The Murphy Slat Bed: tubular steel, powder-coated white
*Free Shipping to your curb or $199 white-glove delivery to your room-of-choice (no assembly included in this price) in the 48 Contiguous United States. Shipping to Canada is available, and calculated on the checkout page. This product cannot be shipped overseas.
Before You Buy: Since our cabinets are made just for you, we ask that you read all the specifications carefully and measure your space precisely before placing your order! Call or email us with any questions. See the full return policy here.
Just what we needed
This is perfect for a second guest bed which we seldom need but came in handy over Christmas. It took my husband about six hours to put together by himself and he’s not very mechanical. Great product. Definitely recommend.
Best Bed EVER!
Looked at many Murphy bed sites before deciding on The Murphy Bed Depot. Good reviews, Price and Shipping were all based on my decision. If I could give it more stars I would. Directions more than easy to use and understand. A well made product for the money. Thank You Murphy Bed Depot!
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback and your photo, Stephen! I'm so happy to hear you've been able to save space using the Next Bed. It's our pleasure to have been able to help.
Two Twins for Visitors
I absolutely adore the murphy beds I purchased for my office closets! We have a very busy farm and often have last minute visitors. I bought these beds for just this purpose. I have had to remove them and paint the closet, and reinstall them. EASY PEASEY!! Im am very happy with the quality and functionality of the beds. Thank you for the great product!
List of options
Product is durable and easy to install. Ive seen pictures of folding shelves that connect to the frame and fold when you pull the bed down, is there a link for that DIY kit?
Thank you for your purchase! Are you referring to our Boaz Bi-folding Bookcase cabinet? We do not have DIY instructions for building that, but we could sell the cabinet to go around your existing frame!
Guest next bed
Love it easy to assemble up and running for business so no more sleeping on the couch or blow up mattress what a space saver keep up the good job