Saves Loads of Space with an Easy-to-Lift Murphy Bed Cabinet You Build
**PLEASE NOTE: THIS KIT HAS A NEW DRILLING PATTERN, AS OF 10/1/21. PLEASE DRILL ONLY ACCORDING TO THE INSTRUCTIONS INCLUDED WITH YOUR KIT, NOT ANY PREVIOUSLY DOWNLOADED INSTRUCTIONS**
- Easy to Lift
- You Supply the Wood for the Cabinetry
- Comes in Twin, Full, Queen, and King Bed Sizes
- Durable Steel Frame with a Lifetime Warranty
- Spring Lift Mechanism Mounts to Cabinet Sides
- Vertical or Horizontal Mount Available
We Pay for Shipping! (Ships within one week)
Now Available with Murphy Bed Cabinet Hardware Kit!
Do It Yourself Panel Bed: A Murphy Bed Where the Doors Become the Bottom of the Bed
The Panel Bed Frame Kit allows you to build a Murphy Bed that has no doors to open, but instead has a face panel that folds down, becoming the bottom of the bed.
If you'd like us to manufacture all of the necessary cabinetry parts too, click here to look at our Panel Bed Cabinets.
Our Superior Panel Bed Frame Kit includes what you need to get started building your own Panel Bed System:
- Build Your Cabinet: Following our included instructions, your Superior Panel Bed / Alpha Frame Kit mounts to your cabinet made of 3/4" thick material, which mounts onto your wall, at the top of the cabinet. Note: no cabinetry or wood parts are included in this kit. For a bed-in-a-cabinet system, click here.
- Easy Lift and Lower: One pair of steel Spring-Balance-Lift Mechanisms (SBLMs), which secure to the sides of your cabinet, to raise and lower the panel bed
- Spring Loaded: 18 springs, to allow for various weight mattresses and face panels
- Strength and Support: Superior Steel Bed Frame, powder-coated to give a durable Black textured finish, with three steel stiffeners, holds up to 600 pounds (evenly distributed between two people & includes the weight of the mattress)
- Sturdy Feet: One pair of high-strength tubular 13" legs with a leg-connector bar for stability
- Bring Your Mattress: The Superior Panel Bed Frame Kit System works with any mattress up to 11 inches in thickness (Mattress not included)
- Vertical or Horizontal Mount: Mount your Panel Bed horizontally, with the optional horizontal leg rod
- In stock item: All of our Frame and DIY kits ships free from our warehouse in St Augustine, FL, within five business days, via FedEx ground (which takes 1-5 business days)
- Lifetime Warranty: Murphy Bed Depot has the best warranty money can buy on all of our Murphy Bed mechanisms and frames: A Lifetime Warranty! If you need any parts replaced because of manufacturer defect, we will ship you a replacement part quickly, at our cost.
No Cabinetry or Wood Parts are Included in this Kit
Do-it-yourself (DIY): All Murphy Bed Depot Frame and DIY kits come with all the hardware you need for the frame itself, making your assembly very do-able with some basic hand tools.
We Care About Your Safety: We've designed, tested, re-designed, and re-proven our products to make them as safe as possible for you and your guests to use.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll free 1-904-823-9255 for further details.
All Sizes: Clearance under face panel when down: Approximately 10.5"
Dimensions of the Panel Bed on a Cabinet System:
(using our included instructions):
Vertical Mount With 13" (Standard) Legs:
All Sizes: Height could be reduced by 1.25" by deleting top valance.TWIN/SINGLE: 44.5" w x 83.25" h (XL is 88.25" h) x 16" d (Projection into room when down: 84.5" (XL is 89.5"))
FULL/DOUBLE: 59.5" w x 83.25" h x 16" d (Projection into room when down: 84.5")
QUEEN: 65.5" w x 88.25" h 16" d (Projection into room when down: 89.5")
KING: 81.5" w x 88.25" h x 16" d (Projection into room when down: 89.5")
(be sure to add the horizontal leg rod):
TWIN/SINGLE: 80" w (XL is 85" w) x 50" h x 16" d (Projection into room when down: 50")
FULL/DOUBLE: 80" w x 65" h x 16" d (Projection into room when down: 65")
QUEEN: 85" w x 71" h 16" d (Projection into room when down: 71")
Panel Bed Frame Kit
What is Included and What is Required
To build your own Panel Bed Cabinet System, you'll need:
- One Murphy Bed Depot Superior Panel Bed Frame Kit (ships in two boxes), known elsewhere as the "Alpha Bed - Steel Bed Frame System"
Our included instructions and cabinet cut list.
- Our Panel Bed Video Instructions
- Proper tools
- All wood parts
- All angle brackets and screws and hardware to build your own system (or purchase the Hardware Kit)
THE FRAME | SBF - STEEL BED FRAME
Our Panel Bed system is a lightweight, universal, structural steel bed frame with double overlap steel stiffeners. The design is complete with our fold-away leg system and is designed to exceed the strength of wood or aluminum as well as residential and commercial specifications. Our Panel Bed frames are made for use with Single, Double, Queen, or King size beds and the versatility of the design gives the user the option to mount the frame in the vertical or horizontal mode.
THE MECHANISM | SBLM - SPRING BALANCE LIFT MECHANISM
All sizes of the Panel Bed system include our heavy-duty, universal, easy-operation lift mechanisms. Designed for everyday use, this mechanism allows for varying spring combinations in order to balance all bed sizes Single through King, and creates easy fingertip operation.
the instructions for this kit are really good, I did this over the course of a week and was able to get it all done without any issues. My only complaint is that the stiffener bar's dont attach to the bed frame, so the wood is a bit creaky when you first lay down. I think having a stiffer frame would be better, but overall it's great!
Thank you for your purchase! One cause for creaking is if the panels are butted up next to each other and rubbing when weight is put on the bed. One fix is to place tile spacers between the panels, leaving about a 1/8" gap to allow for flexing. Always feel free to call us for technical support!
DIY MURPHY BED PROJECT
INSTRUCTIONS ARE GREAT. PAY ATTENTION TO SPRING INSTALLATION. GREAT KIT
DIY PANEL FRAME KIT
All the parts were there and came together perfectly! Great pruduct.
Excellent thanks so much
Thank YOU for your business!
I would do it again
I’m very happy with the final results of my new Murphy bed. The shipping took a few tries because of Fed Ex but Murphy Bed Depot made it right. The directions are good maybe to good. Read it over a few times before starting your project. The spring setting were a little rough for me. The video on line helps. But overall if you are handy it can be all good
Thank you for your purchase! It looks great! We are so pleased to hear you found the instructions helpful. We welcome your next purchase! :)