The Panel Bed: A Murphy Bed Where the Doors Become the Bottom of the Bed
The Panel Bed Frame Kit allows you to build a Murphy Bed that has no doors to open, but instead has a face panel that folds down, becoming the bottom of the bed.
If you'd like us to manufacture all the wood parts, too, click here to look at our Panel Bed Cabinets.
Our Superior Panel Bed Frame Kit includes what you need to get started building your own Panel Bed System:
Build Your Cabinet: Following our free instructions, your Superior Panel Bed Frame Kit mounts to your cabinet made of 3/4" thick material, which mounts onto your wall, at the top of the cabinet. Note: no cabinetry or wood parts are included in this kit. For a bed-in-a-cabinet system, click here.
Lift and Lower: One set of steel Spring-Balance-Lift Mechanisms (SBLMs), which secure to the sides of your cabinet, to raise and lower the panel bed
Spring Loaded: 18 springs, to allow for various weight mattresses and face panels
Strength and Support: Superior Steel Bed Frame, powder coated to give a durable Black textured finish, with three steel stiffeners, holds over 600 pounds
Sturdy Feet: One pair of high-strength tubular 13" legs with a leg-connector bar
Bring Your Mattress: The Superior Panel Bed Frame Kit System works with any mattress up to 11 inches in thickness (Mattress not included)
Vertical or Horizontal Mount: Mount your Panel Bed horizontally, with the optional horizontal leg rod
In stock item: All of our Frame and DIY kits ships free from our warehouse in St Augustine, FL, within two business days, via UPS ground (which takes 3-5 business days).
Lifetime Warranty: Murphy Bed Depot has the best warranty money can buy on all of our Murphy Bed mechanisms and frames: A Lifetime Warranty! If you need any parts replaced because of manufacturer defect, we will ship you a replacement part quickly, at our cost.
No Cabinetry or Wood Parts are Included in this Kit
Do-it-yourself (DIY): All Murphy Bed Depot Frame and DIY kits come with all the hardware you need for the frame itself, making your assembly very do-able with some basic hand tools.
We Care About Your Safety: We've designed, tested, re-designed, and re-proven our products to make them as safe as possible for you and your guests to use.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll free 1-866-844-9255 for further details.
*Free Shipping to the 48 Contiguous United States. $125 Shipping to Hawaii. Call (904)823-9255 or email Office@murphybeddepot.com for Quotes to Other Destinations.
CLICK HERE FOR HELPFUL POLICY INFORMATION BEFORE YOU BUY
Dimensions of the Panel Bed on a Cabinet System:
(using our PDF instructions):
- TWIN Bed Cabinet: 45" w x 84" h x 16" d (Projection into room when bed is down: 87")
- FULL Bed Cabinet: 60" w x 84" h x 16" d (Projection into room when bed is down: 87")
- QUEEN Bed Cabinet: 66" w x 90" h 15" d (Projection into room when bed is down: 93")
- KING Bed Cabinet: 82" w x 90" h x 15" d (Projection into room when bed is down: 93")
(be sure to add the horizontal leg rod):
- TWIN Bed Cabinet: 80" w x 50" h x 16" d (Projection into room when bed is down: 50")
- FULL Bed Cabinet: 80" w x 65" h x 16" d (Projection into room when bed is down: 65")
- QUEEN Bed Cabinet: 85" w x 71" h 16" d (Projection into room when bed is down: 71")
- KING Bed Cabinet: n/a
To build your own Panel Bed Cabinet System, you'll need:
- One Murphy Bed Depot Superior Panel Bed Frame Kit (ships in two boxes), known elsewhere as the "Alpha Bed - Steel Bed Frame System"
- Our free, downloadable cut list and instructions
- Our Panel Bed Video Instructions
- Proper tools
- All wood parts
- All angle brackets and screws and hardware to build your own system